The Simplex Load Cube Resistive/Reactive Load Bank offers ultra-large capacity testing, maintenance, and performance proving of large diesel generators, turbines, paralleled generators, and shipboard generators.
- Load Capacity: Max capacity of 3125 KVA at 0.8 pf (2500 kW resistive, 1875 KVAR inductive) at 480 or 600 VAC 3PH 60Hz.
- Load Step Resolution: 10kW / 7.5kVAR minimum.
- Duty Cycle: Rated for continuous operation.
- System Controls: PLC based digital control with remote operator interface terminal; Direct access digital load control; User programmable automatic load control
- Control Power: Internal derived from power source under load via a 120V transformer.
- Cooling: Approximately 60,000 CFM using two cooling fans; Power operated intake and exhaust louvers with protective screen; Forced air cooling with horizontal airflow.
- Load Elements: Simplex Powr-Web chromium alloy, open wire, continuously supported, power resistor; Rack-mounted iron-core inductive load elements.
- Element Circuit Protection: Branch circuit fuses, each 50KW resistive branch circuit max, each 75kvar inductive branch circuit max; 600V, 200kAIC, current limiting type.
- System Protection: Sensors, alarms (alarm message on remote operator interface terminal), lock-outs as appropriate, for the following: fan failure, high exhaust temperature, high intake temperature, high interior temperature (sensed at three points).
- Load Connections: Plated bus bar behind hinge-up access door.
- Enclosure: Type 3R control section; Type 3R power section. Epoxy primed, polyurethane finish coating, dark gray. Power operated ventilation louvers. Lifting eyes, forklift channels, hinged, lockable, access doors with flush latches.
- Digital power meter
- Data acquisition software
- Remote controller, suitcase-style or panel mount
- Cam-type power connections
- Non-standard voltage ratings
- Multi-unit control