Free Shipping in the Continental United States
Please call for orders to Alaska or Hawaii.
Thomson TS 840 SE Automatic Transfer Switches are perfect for agricultural, telecom, and light industrial applications. These switches employ two mechanically interlocked power switching units with a microprocessor based controller to automatically start a generator and transfer system load to a generator supply in the event of a utility supply failure. System load is then automatically retransferred back to the utility supply following restoration of the utility power source to within normal operating limits. The TS840 transfer switch provides an “Open Transition” (i.e. “break-before make”) transfer system with neutral position delay to ensure adequate voltage decay to prevent out of phase transfers. Service Entrance Rated.
Enclosed Contact Power Switching Units
- Fully enclosed silver alloy contacts provide high withstand rating & 100% continuous current rating.
- 3 cycle short circuit current withstand
- Completely separate utility and generator side power switching units.
- Not damaged if manually switched while in service.
Reliable Motor-Operated Transfer Mechanism
- Heavy duty brushless gear-motor and operating mechanism provide mechanical interlocking and extreme long life.
- Safe manual operation permits operation under adverse conditions.
- All mechanical and control devices are visible and readily accessible.
- All control wires and power busses are front-accessible.
- ISO 9001 Registered
- TS 840 ATS is certified for installation and operation per the following requirements: IBC 2006 – Section 13, Occupancy Category IV; ASCE7-05 Region 3 (minimum SS=342%)
- UL 1008 Automatic Transfer Switches for use in Emergency Systems
- CSA C22.2 No. 178 Automatic Transfer Switches
- Isolation plug permits disconnecting control circuits from all power sources.
- TSC 80 microprocessor based controller.
- Load on Utility & Load on Generator Lights
- Utility & Generator Source Available Lights
- Voltage Sensing on Utility & Generator Sources
- Under Frequency Sensor on Generator Source
- Engine Start Delay Timer 0-60 sec.
- Engine Cooldown Delay Timer 0-30 min.
- Engine Warm-up Timer 0-60 sec.
- Neutral Position Delay 0-60 sec.
- Utility Return Timer 0-30 min.
- Engine Start Contact (10A, 120/240VAC res. Form B)
- Exercise Timer (On or Off Load, Fixed 30 min.)
- Auxiliary Contact – Utility side (10A, 120/240VAC res. Qty 1, Form C)
- Auxiliary Contact – Generator side (10A, 120/240VAC res. Qty 1, Form C)
- Local Utility Power Fail Simulation Test Pushbutton
- Provision for Remote Load Test/Peak Shave Switch Input
- NEMA 3R Enclosure
- Solid Neutral
- Storage Temperature: -20oC to 70oC (-4oF to 158oF)
- Operating Temperature: -40oC to 50oC (-40oF to 122oF)
- Humidity: 95% non-condensing, maximum
Service Entry Features
- Service Entrance Labeling
- Utility Switching Device: Molded Case Switch with Ther-Mag Trip
- Pad-lockable Service Disconnect Control Switch
- Key Lockable Enclosure Door
- Removable Neutral Ground Bond Conductor
- Utility Overcurrent Protection
- Service Disconnect Pilot Light
- Additional Neutral Grounding Per Necessary Requirements
- Optional generator-side over-current protect with Ther-Mag Trip available – please call for pricing and to order
Please see the Accessories Tab above for more information and to order. Accessories ordered with your transfer switch will be factory-installed (as applicable).
- Load Distribution Breakers
- Enclosure Strip Heater w/ Thermostat
- LCD Service Display Module