Free Shipping in the Continental United States
Please call for orders to Alaska or Hawaii.
This Thomson TS 870 Automatic Transfer Switch is ideal for transferring commercial & industrial single phase loads up to 150A.
TRANSFER SWITCH FEATURES
- Employs two mechanically interlocked power switching units with a micro- processor based controller.
- Automatically starts generator and transfers system load to generator supply in the event of a utility supply failure.
- Automatically re-transfers back to the utility supply following restoration of the utility power source to within normal operating limits.
- All load transfer sequences are “Open Transition” (i.e. “break-before-make”) with adjustable neutral position delay to ensure adequate voltage decay for preventing out of phase transfers.
- Solid Neutral standard on 4 wire systems. (Please inquire about other options.)
- Fully enclosed silver alloy contacts provide high withstand rating & 100% continuous current rating.
- 3 cycle short circuit current withstand tested.
- 10 cycle 6X overload current rating.
- Completely separate utility and generator side power switching units.
- Not damaged if manually switched while in service.
- Safe manual operation permits operation under adverse conditions.
- Heavy duty brushless gear-motor and operating mechanism provide mechanical interlocking and extreme long life.
- Superior serviceability with all mechanical and control devices visible and front-accessible, all control wires and power busses are front-accessible, and a plug-in TSC 7320 Transfer Switch Controller.
- ISO 9001 registered for quality assurance.
- Seismic Certified for installation and operation per the following requirements: IBC 2012 – Section 13, Occupancy Category IV; ASCE7-05 Region 3 (minimum SS=200%).
- Certified to CSA 178 & UL 1008 Standards.
- NEMA 1 indoor standard. Optional NEMA 3R outdoor enclosures also available. (See Option below for other available enclosures.)
- Note: Molded case circuit breakers or fuses with overcurrent protection are required upstream of the transfer switch.
- Not Service Entrance Rated.
TSC7320 CONTROLLER FEATURES
- Isolation plug permits disconnecting control circuits from all power sources.
- 2.3” back-lit LCD text display for monitoring Utility/Generator voltage, system frequency, operation status, and alarms.
- Five key menu navigation.
- Front-panel editing with PIN protection.
- Customizable status screens.
- Load on Utility & Load on Generator indication.
- Utility & Generator Source available indication.
- 3 Phase Voltage sensing on Utility & Generator Sources.
- Generator AC frequency sensing.
- Utility under voltage control setpoint 50 – 95% (adjustable).
- Generator under voltage control setpoint 50 – 95% (adjustable).
- Generator under frequency control setpoint 70 – 90% (adjustable).
- Engine warm-up timer 0-60 min. (adjustable).
- Utility return timer 0-60 min. (adjustable).
- Engine start (mains transient) delay timer 0-30 sec. (adjustable).
- Engine cooldown timer 0-60 min. (adjustable).
- Neutral position delay timer 0-120 sec. (adjustable).
- Load Disconnect Contact (LDC) for pre/post transfer control to signal external building systems such as elevators during transfer operations.
- Up to 16 different date and time schedules for On-load or Off-load Generator exercising.
- Real-time clock provides accurate event logging.
- Data logging.
- Five Programmable Outputs.
- Five pre-programmed outputs for ATS functionality: Load on Utility, Load on Gen, Load Disconnect Contact (LDC), Fail to Transfer (FTT), and ATS Not in Auto.
- Local and remote utility power fail simulation test.
- Engine start contact (8A, 120/250VAC resistive max.).
- Automatic force transfer to alternate supply should load voltage become de-energized.
- 24VDC control power.
- Remote Load Test/Peak Shave Input.
- Under/Over Frequency Protection- Utility and Generator Sources.
- 3 Phase Over Voltage Protection – Utility and Generator Sources.
- Phase Sequence and Phase Rotation Protection between Utility and Generator Sources.
- Voltage Phase Loss/Unbalance Protection.
- Programmable Inputs (Quantity 8 Digital Input-voltage free input).
- ATS Generator Bus Power Metering Capability (Amp, Volt, Freq, kW, kVA, PF).
- RS485 Modbus Remote Communication Port (Modbus Serial RTU).
- Serviceable Plug-in Connectors.
MORE OPTIONS (Call for Pricing)
- AUX-BG – Generator Bypass Auxiliary Contact.
- AUX-BU – Utility Bypass Auxiliary Contact.
- KOTS-DSE – Key Operated Test Switch- Auto/Off/Engine Start/Test- includes DSE2130 module.
- R02157 – Programmable Relay Output Expansion Module – Includes eight 2A Resistive 30VDC rate relays – four NO an four Form C Contacts.
- TS-STG – 24Vdc or 120VAC Shunt Trip Generator Switch (external power source required).
- TS-STU – 24Vdc or 120VAC Shunt Trip Utility Switch (external power source required).
- RA7320 (DSE2548) – Remote Annunciator with eight configurable LEDs. Works up to 0.6 miles from the ATS TSC7320 controller. Up to ten modules can be daisy chained.
- RD7320 (DSE2520) – Remote Display – up to three display modules can be connected to the TSC7320.
- EMB-TCP/IP (DSE855) – Ethernet ModbusTM Remote Communication Port (ModbusTM TCP).
- Other Enclosures: NEMA 4X Stainless Steel, and NEMA 12.
- LCK – Enclosure Lockable Door (Single point T-Handle lock).
- TS-H1 – Enclosure Strip Heater c/w Thermostat (120VAC external power source required).
- TS-H2 – Enclosure Strip Heater c/w Thermostat (internally powered from ATS load).
- TCP – Transfer Switch Connection Plate for Generator Supply (camlocks).
- TS-SS – Internal Multi-Voltage Selector Switch (208V/240V/480V).
- LSC – Load Shed – 5-Stage (requires CTK option).
- LPM-DSE – Transfer Switch Load Power Metering CT Kit (Amp, Volt, Freq, kW, kVA, PF) **Requires CT Kit.
- CTKxxxx – Current Transformer Kit. Specify CT size: 0100, 0150, 0250, 0400, 0600, 0800, 1200. Require GPM option.
- MUP – Multifunction Utility Protective Relay – Basler IPS100 (Protection Functions 27, 32, 47, 50/51, 67, 81O/U (Note: May be required by local utility for Momentary CT applications. Please inquire for other makes and models.).
- SPD – Surge Protection Device.